Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Something happens ( Kuch Kuch Hota hai)

Something happens every time we watch a Bollywood movie. ( Right now, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai). There was a long gap before I had this nostalgia for hindi movies and this obsession with the romanticism and this fantasy world in them

Each night since Saturday we've been watching a hindi movie. Either Shahrukh Khan or Ajay Devgan ( Omkara) based on the play, Othello, from Shakespeare. Such a marvelously directed movie.  DDLJ ( reprise). Veer Zara with beautiful Preity Zinta, and the very patriotic movie Pardes, with Shahrukh Khan again. 

N and I agreed one night that we are both so fortunate that I happened to like Bollywood films so much. Can you imagine If I hadn't? what are the chances, huh ?. He enjoys showing them to me, I enjoy watching them as much.

And I think we have a club too. Our finish friends, Laura, Tuomas and Tiina like them already and my friend from the north, Sarita likes them too. She has even cried watching them!

Something definitely happens. Yesterday we were rejoicing, perhaps, at the very last gift of our wedding. That is, the wedding Album! It came too fast-courier from India :) But besides the wonderful wedding album, we had this smaller album gifted by our dear photographer Sowmya and her husband Abhijeet. 

It is so beautiful, I took it to work today to show it to my colleagues and then to my friend M downtown. They loved it! We loved it too. I can't stop looking at the pictures. We are forever and ever grateful for everything we've been blessed with.  It took us 6 months to plan a wedding ( mostly N ) and three months after the wedding we are still enjoying happy memories around it. 

I've been practicing with my guitar. N has been dutifully studying ( and watching movies with me ) We went for our first spring walk on the weekend. Enjoyed the sauna and the balcony. I lost my sports bag ( which contained my shirt, pants, shoes and lunch box with the lunch in it) I left it accidentally at the bus stop near our place ( somehow got distracted and jumped into the bus leaving it behind at the stop) and by the time N had come to pick it up it was already taken / stolen. I called Lost & Found last friday and no one had taken it there yet.  The very next day I lost my gloves ( happens every year) So i guess it's shopping time again for winter gloves. I've taken up 'gym' at home. Rowing machine every night. Feels so good. 


Other than that, my friends, we've been good, we are happy. Love happens.....

What's up with you lately?





No comments:

Post a Comment