Monday, March 5, 2012

More beautiful things


A present given by your friend. My mom always tells me that when I give a present to someone, it should be something that friend will remember you for. Like, if you give a perfume, it vanishes and you throw the bottle at some point. But if you give something for the house, every time your friend sees it, uses it, moves it, it will bring that special memory of you.



This is exactly what happens to me after happily owning things that have been given with love to us. A tray from our friend, Jaana. It's just lovely and we use it now in the living room to place fruits in it so after dinner we can enjoy a fruit as desert.


A beautiful cooking oil pourer. It was given by our friend Mariana. The design is so lovely and so fragile I just love it. How cute can that be? How many people will for sure ask, 'where did you get that ?' Or my Pentik collection, I remember every person who bought a plate, or a cup to my collection and they come in handy everyday. Or the beautiful China from Singapore. Used to keep our chapatis warm every night. The pink thermal bottle that I frequently use in my kitchen. The beautiful designed grater or the fengshui properties activating mini fountain. 


Every corner of the house has a special memory, an artifact, that has that sentimental value. That thing you don't want to let go of. These things make me happy.


The yellow flowers that N buys every time we have guests at home. He knows that in Fengshui, yellow flowers make guests feel welcome. ( I've told him). And he remembers. Or the flowers and tulips that your guests bring you.


The plants that you could have never thought of buying because of the fear that you will spoil them, but when given by someone, you take good care of them ( You even talk to them, because they say it's good)



The fact that it's a beautiful day outside and you know spring is making his way over this country. The good day with a good conversation. A day with a realisation of something. 




Today. I came home and smelled this coconut fragrance that I just love. I used this coconut exfoliation cream last saturday and since then the house smells like this, which is weird because since we cook everyday the house smells like food but today and just today it had this lovely coconut fragrance so in I stepped in to our home. Removed my coat, gloves, hat, scarf, shoes. Took the grocery bag to the kitchen, removed the fruits, placed them in our new tray in the living room. Took a look at the roses and tulips. Walked into our bedroom to notice there is a tea cup on top of the night table. I thought ' oh, N has forgot'. When I approached it, and since it was a little bit dark, I noticed the figure of a man lying on the bed. It was N ! He was having a nap.! Husband had come home earlier than me today and had decided to take a nap. I should have taken a pic just then, because it looked really cute!




So, tell me, what are your beautiful things?



1 comment:

  1. It's like Poetry! Every words that you wrote! Beautiful honey! Right now, my beautiful things are our wedding pics. I miss my husband soo much! :(
    -you know who am I ;)

    ReplyDelete