Saturday, February 18, 2012

A man's job?

While I was cooking, that is, chopping some onions for today's dish, Chicken in an onion sauce, I could not help but notice from the window my neighbor arriving in his car, parking it and walking to his apartment. About 2 minutes later he comes back carrying two bags of garbage and his dog obediently following by his side.

In the morning when I woke up after N had left for school, I could not help but notice he had taken out the garbage with him. I felt pleased.

A man's job?

I still remember the time I used to live alone; The times I would clean up the house and the last thing to do to finish the job would have been to throw the garbage bags. Sometimes you have like 3 - 4 bags of whoknowswhat garbage piling up in the corner of the kitchen floor  and sometimes too, they can be pretty heavy. A tear or two would run down my cheek out of exhaustion, I guess, of wondering, when Mr Right would appear and take that trouble away from my life.

The thing is, in this country (and if you leave in an apartment), for you to take out the garbage in the winter time means literally to dress up so may times, take the lift, go down, walk to the garbage place, come back, take the lift, remove winter coat, sweater,wool socks, jeans and don't forget the gloves and hat.

Am I that lazy? After having written and read those previous lines, Yes, I really sound like it, in fact I sound really pathetic. But that was my reality. Everything but throwing the garbage. Has that happened to you too?

So, my question is, will men always assume that's their job? Do they see us like these fragile creatures that do not deserve to do that heavy job? Does N think that my place in this home is in the food producing place called kitchen and not outside throwing the garbage :)

I have to luckily tell you that  Mr Right doesn't only come up with the protective and helping skills, he is also there to love you and be with you. That' is truly a loving man's job.

To finish this post and before going to eat,  a quick preview to the Chicken in an Onion sauce dish.











1 comment:

  1. your blog provides a refreshing insight into different life's perspectives. I like your writing style, can't wait for your next post. Y las fotos, ahhh, el arroz infaltable! Que rico. Un abrazo, David.

    ReplyDelete