Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Heroic endeavor

I did it again. I stepped in front of a bunch of people. I danced, I entertained. Or so I thought.

I could tell by the exasperation of the Dance class teacher that I was not doing it right. She even spoke some few sentences in English just to make sure that my idiotic dance wasn't due to the language barrier.

I tried. I really did. Dance class / aerobics isn't just for me anymore. Or so I think. 

Today's finding of the dance class place was a memorable success. My sister and I made it. We met at the right stop, she jumped in the same bus. Got off at the right place and walked all the way to our destination.

For a moment I thought I should just go back, but knew deep inside that I HAD to do it. I had to take the dance class. That is the least  I can do to keep a healthy body.

We were 10 minutes late. By the time we opened the class door, this heat and sweat odor felt like a punch in our faces but in we went to face the consequences of this heroic endeavor .

I forgot to bring a hair tie. I felt instantly sorry for my victims. Wet hair slapping. It's awful, but I had to continue. Life is more than just sweat dripping hair.  The innocent students will recover one day.

My sister will not. After the class finished, I took advance of my hair situation and hair-slapped her many times. She almost threw up. She detests it.

The class lasted 50 minutes and I felt beaten for life after that. Walking was slowly. Changing clothes even slower. Reaching the center by foot took us almost an hour. I don't know whether I can make it tomorrow. My body needs a rest. It deserves it.

I wish I could have that energy and jump high and enjoy the moment but every aerobic class feels tremendously boring. My body just wants to go into sleepy mode. I think it is already because otherwise I'de move more.

After reaching center one hour later, I met N. We both took the bus home. I thanked my sister for making me company this afternoon.











No comments:

Post a Comment