Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Housekeeping anyone?

If there is one thing I spend a good amount of time on, that would be cleaning.

Out of 24 hours I spend 1 - 1 1/2 hours cleaning a day. Sorry, housekeeping.

I thank my mom for having taught me that.  But believe me, I did not enjoy it then when she told me to clean the house back in the time I lived at home :)  'Reinaaaaa, your room! clean it !!!!!!' she would scream, or ' Reinaaaaaa, this is the 10th time I tell you to clean the kitchen!!!'

Today when I came home, the second thing I did after I washed my hands in the bathroom was to go to the kitchen to drink some water.  This is how the kitchen looked like after it hadn't been tidied since yesterday, for we had a Valentine's dinner outside and we came home late.

I am so grateful we have a dishwasher! 
Bread, cornflakes, you name it 
Our favorite and only pan to cook :)
So I decided in the morning that after work I will come home and vacuum the floor. For that I had to go to the store first, to get me some new vacuum bags.  I also purchased some batteries, but that's another story anyway.

I also decided to get my almost daily routine done, that is, clean the kitchen and next light candles around the house and cook some food so by the time N gets home we can dine together a delicious meal I would prepare with all my love ( not entirely truth, I  did feel a little lazy, but still cooked with love and dedication).

So, between watching a movie on TV and cooking I managed to get that cozy feeling I love about a house, our home. N loves the same feeling of coming home and smelling the food. I think it's good therapy for any human being. Do you remember the time when you were a kid and after playing with the kids outside you loved to be called by your mom for lunch? Wasn't that the greatest feeling? and even greater to see the food being served on your plate? I miss those times.  Luckily we can reconstruct them with a friend, a lover, a spouse. Anyone who is willing to cook for you brings you back that special feeling. 

Now that N is at home, we can start enjoying dinner together. Excuse us. Before you go enjoy your dinner either with your lovely self  or the company of someone, I share with you the ' after' of this winter evening. One February evening.




This Mr Cat has been with me since Kokkola, it was given by my friend from Hungary 
Wine brought by our friend, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, that's how we like to call her

My inspiration


This lovely china is a wedding present from our friends in Singapore 

Bon appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment