Thursday, February 16, 2012

Melancholy

While N was cooking for us today, I was searching for some Whitney Houston songs on Youtube. I went through the old music videos repertoire from the 80's and 90's. The best of times. Pure gold music.

I kept thinking why would someone so beautiful do drugs? How is it that the life that is called ' so glamorous' takes in fact life away from the people who 'enjoy' it. Is it possible that under so much stress you feel so susceptible to the worst of influences in that ' fantastic' world? They say that drug dealers go directly to people with money because these are the easiest target. Like, there is so much going on, so many parties, no sleep, no consciousness of what's happening around you that, trying drugs, would just be another fun thing to do, something to try before you die. 

I will probably never know that unless I meet someone really really famous that could tell me what life is really like in the circle of the rich and famous.

So I felt nostalgic. I felt also glad that I got to hear and see this beautiful woman become an icon to so many people. An inspiration to so many singers. Who hasn't heard ' I will always love you' ? Such a wonderful song. I am glad Kevin Costner picked that song for the movie and turned it into a glorious acapella melody. 

Today I want to show you a Rangoli decoration. This type of decoration is done in India for celebrations such as weddings and religious festivities. They usually use powder ( color or just white) to make shapes on the ground. In this case, I got a ready-made rangoli as you can see. A friend of N sent it all the way from India as a present.  I reaaaally like it. It's already on the corridor floor and it looks beautiful, doesn't it? Thank you for that lovely present!







No comments:

Post a Comment