Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shahrukh mania

Yesterday morning, soon after the mail was dropped from the door slot, I heard N get up from his chair, go to pick up the mail, going back to his room, opening something and then coming to the living room where I was reading. He then stretched his arms slowly towards me, I look up and in his hands was something I had secretly longed for.

It was Shahrukh Khan 'My Inner World' DVD. A 2 DVD package documenting the story of my favorite Bollywood star, Shahrukh.

Fun fact: Till this day N tells me he regrets the day he showed me a Shahrukh Khan's movie. Not because they are bad, not because he hates him, but because I got 'cutely' obsessive with him.

N would have liked me to be impartial with Bollywood actors. For instance, he would have liked me to prefer Aamir Khan as well or even better, Salman Khan, his childhood movie hero.

But I guess I like Shahrukh because of his life story and the way he made it into Bollywood, a movie industry that has been widely dominated by sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters of Bollywood moguls. Sad fact: You had to be rich or know someone in the industry to become an actor.

Shahrukh was not rich, knew no one, lost his parents when he was young and married the woman he fell in love with. He fought on his own until one day he became what he is today, The King of Bollywood, 'King of the world', Shahrukh Khan.

From the successful movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge., ( which is the movie that probably made me notice he was cute ) to movies like Kal Ho Na Ho ( I was sold at that point! ) there has been something in each of them that keeps you coming back for more. More romance?, more Shahrukh Khan lovable expressions? Who knows.

My mom says it's his charisma. He has it. He owns the whole room. No wonder that many women around the world adore him and dream to meet him . Take me, for instance. If it wasn't because I was married, I'd have Shahrukh Khan posters all over our bedroom wall :)

Soon after we finished watching  tearful, joyful and cherishable Shahrukh Khan life moments I couldn't help but feel happy at the thought that N tried and succeeded to surprise me despite him being TOTALLY jealous of Shahrukh Khan, King of Bollywood. What N doesn't know is that he himself, is King of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment