Friday, February 17, 2012

New earrings, a bride's best friends?

The first time I visited India with N and my mom I had a certain feeling I'd end up marrying N one day. It felt sure.

The second time I visited India with N and, this time, my whole family, was to actually get married to him.

Days previous to the wedding we went around places near the hotel we stayed in.  Our photographer Sowmya had recommended a nice place to shop for jewelry. This place is called Kushal's .

The moment I entered the store I basically wanted to own everything that was on display. It was far too beautiful, too attractive to my eyes. Pictures of adorned hindi brides dancing to a wedding rhythm  came to my mind. I wanted to look beautiful, I wanted to be adorned like it is supposed to in India.

But we had only a small budget for last minute yet important shopping. It was the shopping for matching jewelry for my wedding dresses. ( Sari, Lehenga, salwar kameez, Sari # 2).

After searching for a long time. I endep up picking 4 pairs of earrings. They all spoke to me. ' We are diamond blue, we match well with your blue sari. Pick us, we will make you a beautiful bride'. Pair number two said ' We are red full of passion to decorate your red Lehenga'. The green pair told me ' Don't you want to play with us on your Mehendi day?' and the last ones were just imploring me to take them because they felt they will match for any occassion ' Don't you think we look just adoraaaable on your ears?'. So i HAD to pick these 4.

My new dear earrings had not a matching necklace though and I had already exceeded the budget. So our dear photographer Sowmya was kind enough to offer me to use her wedding jewelry. She said she only used them for one day ( her own marriage ) and she'd be happy if I wore them.

So, after saying ' We'll see soon, Kushal's', we went straight to her place and took a look at all her jewelry and luckily, her wedding jewelry set suit my Sunday sari perfectly. So I ended up using most of her beautiful jewelry on our Sunday morning Muhurtham ceremony. For the rest of the ceremonies most of my new beloved earrings did what they promised.

These matched well with my Lady Diana engagement ring

These made best friends with my red Lehenga

They are me


Thank you for picking me




No comments:

Post a Comment