Thursday, March 1, 2012

Why so serious? á la Joker

Today we woke up to the sound of the alarm clock but stood up only one hour later. This was going to be a great day. And you can say a bad day too.  Isn't life sometimes fifty fifty, anyways?

Today and yesterday I had this feeling of being sucked up from inside. That feeling in your chest, the sensation that air is somehow deep inside and it wants to get out but it can only succeed if you scream or jump many times on a row. It's frustrating when that happens. But it only happens to people,  I guess, who are kind at heart. Like me. 

When discussing with my dear friend, L, and my sister today, accompanied by a cup of hot chocolate, we agreed that sometimes shutting up is the easiest way to get out of a frustrating situation when a person sucks up the juice you had at the beginning of the day. I gave her an example ( that being personal, cannot mention it here) and in my situation I have had to swallow pride and just go on with life. But on other circumstances, why do we have to stand these unreasonable behaviors? in other words, evil people, Why so serious?

After finishing our nice conversation with L and wishing each other well, my sister and I headed to the book store to see whether we could find something interesting in the sales.  ( -80% even ), we roamed around and finally found 4 books that we liked. When queuing in the line to pay, I went quickly to pick up this Bollywood  book that I wanted to add to our shopping basket. 

When I came back, there was this guy standing next to my sister. Soon after the person before us moved away from the counter, my sister would try to walk to it, then the guy next to my sister stood in front of me and stopped me. He let my sister go. I said ' I am with her'. ' - ' No, you were not'. ' You went to pick a book' ' It's my turn now'. I was thinking whether   this guy was joking, but no, oh no, he was serious. After quarreling for a half minute, I finally told him ' Look, I don't care, you can go' - ' Oh yes, I will' he replied. How a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g is that?

Why is it that some people take situations so seriously? why do they live a life of will to hurt others with word and actions? My sister even tried to defend me by answering something back at him. The good or bad thing was that he also was rude to the cashier girl.  The absurd thing was that there was no one else queuing except for him and us. Was he satisfied?

My sister and I kept swearing inside but could not verbalize it except using the words ' how idiot can that guy be ' ? That's the best we could do.

After relating you this part of the day, let's move on with the good part.

When I came home, the lights were on, music was being played in the bathroom, you certainly knew that N was around, but after removing coat, shoes, gloves, hat, sweater and purse, I went looking for him and saw nothing. After all, he always welcomes me with a kiss. Where was he now? I thought he was playing a trick on me. I do that a lot. I thought I was screwed. I am going to be spooked anytime soon. 

The funny part though was that N was at home, yeah, but in the sauna, people!. He was having a nice finnish style  steam time with himself. It was cute. 

And the last good part, apart from seeing my friend L and my sister, receiving a very nice postcard from Bali from our friends in Singapore, and enjoying a nice dinner with N while watching Scream 3 ( how appetizing! ), here is the pics of the books I purchased today. Dinner chez us, sometimes, people?


PS. Á la joker refers to the character, Joker, in the movie The Darknight. There is this epic scene you'll never forget when Joker is asking ' Why so serious? '.









No comments:

Post a Comment