Thursday, April 26, 2012

When the Hero facet strikes in

Do not attempt it if you are in a relationship. It can kill your partner!.. out of laughter!

As a habit, N called me today before coming home to check on the stuff I needed for cooking. He always does that despite him knowing what's missing in the kitchen ( onions, milk, tomatoes, etc ) But I guess he just needs confirmation. After all, being a husband is a demanding job and you have to make sure you do everything right. ( At least that's what I think he thinks)

Well, today, not being the first time, for sure, my lovely husband played hero again. He asked me what I needed, I told him bring this and that. 

That was an hour before he came home. Once here, and after I finished my sauna time, I proceeded to the kitchen and started to look for the ingredients, vegetables, to do tonight's dish. Soon I realized there was not the courgette I had asked N to bring. Hum? He had told me on the phone that he had courgette on his hands right then, so it seemed strange the courgette was not inside the grocery bag.

Next, I went to his office while exclaiming ' Honeeyy, what happened to the courgette?!' He then stood up from his chair, this shocked look on his face, his mind processing some lie for sure, or the way to tell me what he told me next.

First he started to laugh ( that was for sure a nervous laugh), and I just stood there with my hands resting on my waist, in front of him. He kept laughing more. I started to laugh this time. This has better be a good story.

Well, Mr Singham had left the grocery bag in the train compartment! He had put the bag above him in the luggage holder because he thought the train could be full ( but there were in fact empty seats next to him all the way) but he decided to play gentleman and felt thoughtful towards other people. Next, he falls asleep. After some 10 minutes, reaches the stop, gets up in his own hero-like way to do it, thinking maybe what style to drive the car next, how cool he'd look in front of the mirror with the sun shining his way. I am sure many wonderful thoughts crossed his mind which is why he totally forgot about his wife's courgette. 

He then drove all the way to the store here near our place, still totally detached from what had happened minutes before. He went in the shop and started to buy exactly the same things except for the courgette., which was not there. Now, once he gets home all happy to greet his wife,  he remembers something! yes. He had a deja vu! He remembered here that he had done the grocery already in the city centre and that he forgot his grocery bag in the train!! auch!

Yes, once in a while is nice to just fly with your imagination, think you are  a superstar, but then again we got to wake up!:)

N is known for this quality that in my opinion is so endearing.  Of course, at the same time a thought crossed my mind.... amnesia? 

Well, let God decide and let's thank him that until we are both 80 and 81 we have had an awesome time together till then. Forgetful or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment