Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Happy Easter

Hi everyone

To start off this happy Easter long holiday, N and I headed off to center right after work. I got myself a pair of new winter and spring gloves and then found some new organic cosmetic. A moisturizing rose cream with rose water; Smells wonderful!

We met at about five ten and immediately after he found me from the organic shop, he told me there is a movie starting in five minutes in the theaters. So we run to the cinema and purchased 2 movie tickets for the movie The most exotic Marigold hotel. It was a very beautiful movie, in the sense it had real life situations, second it was shot in India :), it had really nice advice for the young to enjoy life, appreciate marriage and friends, in general, it's a glimpse at life from a new perspective. Or an old perspective, the perspective of the old. It leaves you a good feeling, a hope for your own life and life choices.

After the movie we went to eat to one of our favorite restaurants. It's been a long time since we last visited that place ( Before marriage last ) and N was longing for some butter chicken. I told him the butter chicken they prepare there is very sweet ( I remember that because I used to order butter chicken in every restaurant we've gone to to see which place makes it the best) and so this particular place was ' the sweet'. Me instead ordered some paneer cheese in a tomato sauce. I thought it was gonna be prepared the way they do in India, specially the one we tasted in Delhi, which was awesomely delicious! I've tried to do the same recipe here at home * Paneer Makhani* but the taste is very different, yet the taste is wonderful!

With that disappointment in N's heart we went to the grocery store to get us some food for Friday since all shops were gonna be closed that day and then headed home with our regular bus. 

On Friday we decided to watch the last new movie we had at home. I am sorry, the second last, with Madhuri Dixit, Salman Khan and Sanjay. It was good but could have been better if my date hadn't fallen asleep next to me on the couch :) In the night we started to watch 1942, A love Story. We watched only half and we are going to continue with the other half another day.

Today we visited my parents. After a long time we had a nice ride, the weather was very lovely, the sun was shining and the sky was very clear. We picked up my brother from the station nearby and then drove off to Nurmijärvi. My mom had prepared a nice lunch, chicken in the oven with rice and beans. she also made desert and pulla / the sweet bun for later and of course there is the customary chips and dip sauce available when watching a movie. This time we watched Maradona's movie. It was really nice and sad. 

N had also brought along some Indian snacks he wanted my sister and brother to try since they both like spicy food. So N prepared the dish in the evening and they all seemed to like it. He brought the left-overs home and he enjoyed them just now. I had some ecuadorian bananas with cheese :)

I've also started a no-sugar regime. Not only because of the weight factor but mostly because of the aging reason. Too much sugar in the body makes you age faster so I am just trying to go back to the time I avoided chocolate, sweet breads ( buns) and stuff. Let's see how it goes. So far so good, to tell you being at my mom's was very tempting today and they supported me at my decision instead of forcing me to eat :)

Here some pictures of our weekend. By the way, N cooked this friday, the food was special as always. Took some pictures there too.

How was your Easter holidays?

Peas Paneer Pulao


My fav book and fav chocolate cream

I found this book in Canada when visiting my loving aunt.
Enjoying Pani Puri 
While watching his live Cricket match







No comments:

Post a Comment