Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shining stars and Aloo Gobi

Today morning I woke up with a good feeling. It is not normal for me, in general, to wake up and know exactly what I am going to do throughout the day, but today it somehow felt different. I was prepared.

I guess the twist already happened last night while brushing my teeth ( you gotta do something in three minutes brushing, right?) so I started to plan the day, that is, I said to myself ' tomorrow is going to be a good day, you are gonna get the things you need from the store ( food) and then exercise at home, cook, watch tv, etc.' it gave me a powerful feeling because I owned the thoughts before the actions, I was not just gonna wake up and do things like a zombie but am actually doing the things knowing what i am doing.

You see, it usually happens that I DON'T plan my day ahead, I don't know if many of you do actually. I guess then, having lived with no plan for a long time just made me adjust my thoughts again so that I can start enjoying my days more. Because believe me, getting through the day is just not easy sometimes. But don't get me wrong. I am not talking about pessimism at its best, but just the normal routine that gets you bored sometimes, don't it? the job, the breakfast routine, the surfing on the internet, the grocery shopping, etc. Some people have hobbies everyday, they don't even have time to think, they act! but some of us just live a 'normal' life. 

While I was sitting in the bus, this was waiting for the cars from the right to pass by so it can turn left, sometimes though there is some driver that would make the sacrifice and stop and let the bus go first ( sometimes very long queues at that time in the morning. This morning though, the driver that would let us go first, flashed his car beam lights to us so that we might go. The lights were like these shining stars seen from far away, yet we were close but the sun hadn't risen completely yet so it made the lights look beautiful. 

This kindness created a poetry like situation and it made me feel glad. The rest of the day went by bringing to it pleasing surprises. For instance, despite being terribly tired, I managed to exercise and cook a completely new recipe. I prepared a dish with cauliflower, potatoes and tomatoes. I was amazed at the result! It is a nutritious and delicious dish! N is coming anytime soon from our main door and I am sure he is going to love it too! In fact he had been asking me to do it many times, but i always thought it was gonna be more complicated or the cauliflower is not gonna taste that great as they picture it in websites, but I am happy that I was wrong all the time! I can't wait to do the recipe next week too because it's officially become my favorite!

While cooking I was also listening to hindi songs and one in particular brought me happy memories. It was from our first trip to India. The last day we stayed at Mumbai with my mom and N, we decided to go to a new restaurant. We picked a five star restaurant that had top security with scanners and everything. That was the first time that I actually realized that this top hotels/ restaurants do have this kind of security because of terrorist threats, anyways, the place was amazing and yet strange. If you have seen WALL-E, the place looked exactly like that space craft, like a city of rooms, but inside was all green, lots of green plants, like a green garden. It was scary and beautiful. They had live music, live singing and this singer dedicated a song to our table since N had requested it. It's a beautiful song that every time we hear we go crazily romantic. It is definitely one of the high points in our mumbai trips.

To finish this post while husband is enjoying tonight's food next to me, I will post pictures of the day and some of last friday when N made a tomatoes sauce with paneer. Excellent as always!


Chef in progress

Everyday ingredients, tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic

Paneer from indian store

All in place

Sauce is ready


Aloo Gobi, today's dish

Namnam!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ana for your comment. The gobi looks great, and I'm assuming the other dish is Paneer Tikka. :-)

    ReplyDelete