Monday, April 23, 2012

The surprise

So, the Sunday surprise, which really makes me feel ashamed, was to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. Yes, three years back on the same day N and I met for the first time and for the first time together we went to Flamingo - a shopping center here in Vantaa area, near our place. 

N had booked a spa treatment from Flamingo for us along with the water park recreation area. He told me beforehand the same day we went there, with my *eyes folded*, what the surprise was about. And good he did because it was me that packed the clothes and stuff needed for an adventurous day! :)

The Spa area of Flamingo Spa was beautiful!!!! I never thought it'd be that glamourous from inside, and everything was really well detailed, there was great service and the pools were just wonderfull. In the water park we had a great time trying every pool, the jacuzzis, the water slides, just child-like day!

The best part was the spa treatment! I had no idea what it was about because N wasn't sure either how to explain it :) but it surely was a nice surprise for both of us. It was very luxurious and very very FUN.

If this wasn't enough after 4 hours of swimming and delighting our senses in such a beautiful place, we headed to eat SLOW food, yes, we had hamburgers and chips and coca-cola! Well, I am really against that but  for this one occasion it was ok since we were really starving!

The next surprise was the movies! N had booked two tickets for TITANIC 3D. I actually thought that N is going to sleep through the movie but he didn't! We were so entertained and so touched by the end of the movie, everyone was literally crying in the cinema! It was a great experience indeed!

Yes, I feel ashamed to find out what the surprise was about. During our first year of courtship, we made cards to each other, we went to eat every month to celebrate meeting each other, yet for me, it was a part of the first year, second and third seemed to bring other things to share or celebrate about, like promotion at work, someone's else's birthday, a trip to India, and things like that.

But it's been three lovely years of knowing each other and we feel so grateful for having spent this wonderful time with our families and merging it into marriage.

This was definitely one of the best surprises I've ever had and I think N too. It is good you don't tell your spouse or friend what your surprise is about because you both will enjoy it more. 

So tell me, what is the loveliest surprise you've ever had?





No comments:

Post a Comment