Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Lion in our house - Singham

So, as you all know, N has always been the one who purchases the Bollywood movies for us, or better to say, for me. For instance our movie library consists mostly of Sharukh Khan's movies, Madhuri's and Aamir Khan's.

So, for a change I decided to please my husband by ordering from Amazon.com.uk some Salman Khan's movies, for he is N's childhood hero. Yes, and N has been trying so much for me to like Salman.

But Salman is the spoiled child, prince from Bollywood. He's always got his way, had it easy from the beginning and his acting, in my opinion is not the best, even though he has been in many really cheesy movies, that I happen to LIKE. 

So, it was a surprise, of course, the whole Salman Khan library ( + Ajay Devgan's movie, to which I am coming to later). Luckily for me, because I am really impatient, the movies arrived just three days after I ordered them and I placed them nicely on N 's desk so that by the time he gets home the first thing he sees while seating himself on his desk are the movies.

I was not at home at that particular moment, I was out meeting the girls so I could not see his expression but surely he enjoyed the present so much he sent me an sms to say he loved the surprise.

And among them, naturally, was a new choice, an Ajay Devgan's latest hit, Singham (= Lion ). The first time I saw an Ajay Devgan movie ( Hum Dil de chuke sanam )** Spoilers ahead** I was completely sold by Ajay's performance. He plays the role of this guy who fell madly in love with a girl but the girl loves another person and when he finds out, instead of trashing her, he decides to help her find her love who now lives in another city. Together they travel in search of this guy but what they don't both realize is that SHE is falling in love with him now because of his dedication and selfishness towards her. So, yes, in the end they end up very much in love and HAPPY and the other guy ends up happy too, because in Bollywood movies, and specially since Salman Khan played ' the other guy' not bad end could have been made for him. So he blesses them both literally. He is an spiritual savior.

So, Singham, Ajay was my first crush and N remembers very much those feelings back then. Little by little though I discovered that Ajay was not the romantic guy, in fact,  he is the actor who does mostly action movies and, surely, for a reason! He rocks at it! So, since Ajay is not my real hero in life, and N is, we decided that from now on I'd call N  Singham! 

Here is the title song from Singham, the movie, this is the short version, the longer version is really awesome with really nice scenes. ( With Ajay Devgan)

Enjoy!

ps. Do you have a pet at home too? ;)


And let me introduce you to Salman Khan too


No comments:

Post a Comment